Excellent Customer Service Part 2 ~ Dealing With Angry People
Converting anger into mutual understanding and gratitude
One of the most challenging interpersonal dynamics in life is dealing with an angry person. Most people respond to anger with their own anger or by withdrawing for self-protection, which can be perceived as indifference. Either response usually results in escalation of the anger.
Front-line employees & customer service representatives are often the direct targets of customers’ anger, even when they – or perhaps even the company – are not the actual source of the customer’s upset. In this training, participants will gain understandings and techniques that will help them to skillfully “sooth the savage beast” without becoming upset themselves, and to convert another person’s anger into understanding and even gratitude! Participants in this workshop will leave with anger-diffusion and conflict management tools that they can successfully apply in any situation, whether in the workplace or in their personal lives.
Who should take this class:
Customer service representatives, sales professionals, sales and customer service supervisors and managers, marketing professionals and managers, front line workers. Whether face-to-face or on the phone this class is for anyone and everyone who comes into contact with customers!
- Reduce stress, burnout and high turnover in your customer service staff
- Gain new skills to handle angry customers with the care and style that can earn you a customer for life
- Enjoy the gratifying experience of learning how to turn an angry person’s day around!
What you will learn:
- How to convert “negative” situations into positive outcomes & customers into allies
- How to respectfully and effectively de-escalate and angry individual and help them to feel heard while helping them to hear you
- How to become a master in the art of active listening
- The power of proactive and positive responses.