Empowering the Learner to Learn
The Art of Training
For each person, learning is a unique experience. How we take in and assimilate information and skills can be based on a number of factors, including our background and our individual style of learning or “learning modality”. This requires those who train to be perceptive to the needs of each individual whom they teach, while having the skills and adaptability to meet those needs. Thankfully, this is not as difficult as it sounds! With the right assortment of understandings and practices, the exchange of knowledge and skill can be an exciting, successful and inspiring experience for both the learner and the teacher, regardless of the subject taught. Kathleen Oweegon will provide the class participants with the opportunity to experience the benefit of these training techniques as she uses them to teach the participants to use the techniques themselves when they provide training to others.
Who should take this class:
- In-house trainers, coaches, HR personnel and training managers
- New trainers looking for valuable how-to information
- Experienced trainers looking to refresh their approach
- Team leader, support staff and anyone who ever must teach a fellow co-worker how to execute a project or task
- Develop a more effective working environment; increase employee job satisfaction and reduce staff turnover
- Increase productivity through cross-training and skills development.
- Reduce the need for intense supervision
- See more talent rising within your organization
- Each of the above can save your organization both time and money!
What you will learn:
- Simple, adaptable approaches to highly effective training
- Tools and techniques to aid training delivery and information assimilation
- How to give timely, motivating and empowering feedback
- The unique aspects of individual learning and the benefits of empowering people to learn.